[Distutils] py2exe problems with win32ui

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Wed Oct 15 15:25:39 EDT 2003

"Kevin_Cazabon at hotmail.com" <kevin_cazabon at hotmail.com> writes:

> I have an application that uses win32ui that I've built with py2exe.  It
> runs perfectly on Windows 2000/XP, but the import of win32ui fails on
> Windows 98SE (even with force-import of win32ui in the setup.cfg).
>
> Strange thing is that I can run the pure python version just fine on Windows
> 98.  Copying the "local" version of win32ui.pyd from a normal Python install
> on Win98 doesn't help either.
>
> ANy suggestions?

If you can strip this down to a minimal example which demonstrates this
problem I would be interested to look into this. You must of course also
mention the py2exe, Python, and win32all version numbers.

BTW: Please send further post about py2exe to comp.lang.python,
distutils isn't the correct forum.

Thanks,

Thomas