[Distutils] Prepatory snapshot before Distutils 1.1

amk at amk.ca amk at amk.ca
Fri Oct 24 22:03:37 EDT 2003

I want to make a Distutils 1.1 release that wraps up the version of the code
in Python 2.3.  This would be the last 1.5.2-compatible release, giving
people the chance to use the code with versions of Python from 1.5.2 to 2.2.

The README and related bits have been updated, and I've made a snapshot
release that can be downloaded from
	http://www.python.org/sigs/distutils-sig/files/

If someone wants to try it with an older version of Python, please do and
report any problems.  If no bugs turn up, I'll wrap it up as the 1.1 final
release, tag the CVS tree, and then we can start making 1.5.2-incompatible
changes.

--amk