[Distutils] MANIFEST generation

Rene Liebscher R.Liebscher at gmx.de
Thu Sep 25 05:48:59 EDT 2003

On Thu, 25 Sep 2003, Alexandre Fayolle wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 25, 2003 at 10:50:56AM +0200, M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> >
> > I always delete the MANIFEST before building a new release. That
> > seems to do the trick.
>
> Of course, this does the trick. But doing so also feels a lot like
> working around a bug or an unwanted feature.
>
> If people agree on that, I can work on a patch to change this behaviour.
> Unless of course some distutil users actually rely on this.
>
> --
> Alexandre Fayolle

The sdist command has an option --force-manifest
http://www.python.org/doc/current/dist/source-dist.html#SECTION000520000000000000000

You could write it in one of your prefered config files for distutils
http://www.python.org/doc/current/inst/config-syntax.html

So there is no need to make a patch for it. (Except maybe to better
document this option so people find it better ;-)

Kind regards
Rene Liebscher