[Distutils] MSVC CRT woes

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Thu Feb 5 05:36:02 EST 2004

Thomas Heller wrote:
> "M.-A. Lemburg" <mal at egenix.com> writes:
>

>>That said, I think that including two wininst versions, one
>>compiled with VC6, the other with VC7, would solve this problem
>>nicely. You'd still have to have VC6/7 for compiling C extensions,
>>but at least generating pure Python distutils wininst packages
>>would remain possible.
>

> Yes, I think that's the best option.  I will make this change as soon as
> I have time

Great :-)

> (I'm not *actually* using 2.4 already).

Same here.

We are building 2.4 versions of our packages for testing purposes every
now and then, but only on Linux where we don't have the libc vs. glibc
problem (anymore). For Linux the UCS4 vs. UCS2 build (ie. Redhat vs.
the rest of the world) problem is a much more serious one, but that's
a different topic.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Feb 05 2004)