[Distutils] Anti-bacteria treatment

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Tue Jan 27 03:04:39 EST 2004

"Mark W. Alexander" <slash at dotnetslash.net> writes:

> 2) Can this list refuse mail from non-subscribers, like the other ones
> rejecting the spoofed vir** apparently are, so we stop getting notices
> from vir** spoofing the distutils list address?

Personally, I find member-post only lists a pain.  I'd rather delete the
occasional spam messages (the spam from mailing lists like this is only
a small fraction of the total spam I get) from mailing lists than to
manage all the subscriptions.

Spam in the mailing list archives is probably another problem, although
gmane has a nice solution for that - you can report the message as spam
and it will vanish from the archives.

Thomas