[Distutils] Installing scripts

Mark W. Alexander slash at dotnetslash.net
Thu Jun 10 18:59:43 EDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 10, 2004 at 06:50:41PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> It has no chance of being popular unless it does *something* to supply a
> usable UI.  The DOS box Windows brings up by default for a .py file isn't
> usable:  the font and size are never what you want, and the DOS box vanishes
> the instant Python exits (in particular, if Python exits because of an
> uncaught exception, all evidence vanishes).

Actually, I meant to include a comment to that effect (that it wouldn't
be popular) so I get your point. However, a but ugly app that no one
cares to use can evolve into something attractive and powerfull if
discovered by someone who knows how to put lipstick on a pig.

So my point is, Distutils should support sucky applications equally as
well as marvelous, magical ones. <g>

mwa
--
Mark W. Alexander
slash at dotnetslash.net

The contents of this message authored by Mark W. Alexander are
released under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license.
Copyright of quoted materials are retained by the original author(s).