[Distutils] Tests for distutils

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Tue Jun 15 13:15:50 EDT 2004

Andrew Kuchling started writing up some ideas for functional tests for
distutils some time ago in the Python wiki:

Since nothing appears to have followed on from that, I've gone ahead and added
a couple of simple unit/integration tests to distutils.  This is done partly
so I can add new tests as I work on the various bits of distutils I need to
touch to implement the improvements I'd like to see, but also so that all the
distutils developers can help contribute to the long-term stability of the

Anthony Baxter did a lot of work to document many of the modules that form the
distutils; now we need tests to ensure that those interfaces don't break!
Feel free to review the documentation (part of Python 2.4):

and contribute tests!  (Or improve the documentation, or fix bugs, or...)

Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>
PythonLabs at Zope Corporation