[Distutils] Re: build subcommand order

Dan Schult dschult at mail.colgate.edu
Thu Mar 25 15:26:06 EST 2004

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
>Dan Schult wrote:
>> I propose a simple change of the order of the build commands
>> so that build_py is last.
>
>No. That would break other people's scripts.

Can you think of one possible way that would break
someone's script?
A careful reading of build_py.py tells me it is
just copying files...
That should't affect build_ext, build_clibs or build_scripts...

>You can however, have distutils rerun the build_py script by
>calling:
>
>build_py = self.distribution.reinitialize('build_py')
>build_py.ensure_finalized()
>build_py.run()
>
>--
>Marc-Andre Lemburg
>eGenix.com

I think I'm confused....
What is "self" supposed to refer to here?
Where am I supposed to put these commands?

Thanks for your quick response,
Dan Schult