[Distutils] Question about creating rpms using distutiils

Mark W. Alexander slash at dotnetslash.net
Mon Nov 1 21:25:09 CET 2004

On Mon, Nov 01, 2004 at 08:56:09PM +0530, Steve wrote:
> Hi,
>     For a python project at work I would like to start using distuils
> to build the rpms that currently are being built using gnu make+a
> custom script. The only problem is that by default the bdist_rpm also
> packages the '.py' files along with the compiled ".pyc's". For various
> management related reasons, distribution of the source code is not an
> option.
>     Could someone please explain (with possibly and example) how to
> build a pure-pyc-only binary rpm ??

Before you jump through too many hoops, are you aware of how trivial it
is to restore the source from a .pyc file?

http://www.crazy-compilers.com/decompyle/

mwa
--
Mark W. Alexander
slash at dotnetslash.net

The contents of this message authored by Mark W. Alexander are released under
the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial license.  Copyright of quoted
materials, if any, are retained by the original author(s).