[Distutils] bdist_deb (was: Extending distutils with 3rd party build commands?)

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Mon Oct 25 10:47:41 CEST 2004

Geoffrey T. Dairiki wrote:
> On Fri Oct 22 00:42:47 CEST 2004 Mark W. Alexander wrote:
>
>>I'm chomping to do a bdist_deb, but sitting on my hands hoping someone
>>who can contribute it will do it first.
>

> I've got one that pretty-much works.  I'd be happy to get rid
> of the last couple peculiarities that I know of and massage
> it into a patch on CVS as long as someone assures me that
> there's a decent chance the patch will be accepted.

That would be great.

The only thing to remember is that the patch will have
to be Python 2.1 compatible.

Do we have Debian folks in the Python-Dev team that could
review the patch from a Debian point of view ?

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Oct 25 2004)