[Distutils] [Bulk] Re: Setuptools CVS broken for python2.3

Vincenzo Di Massa hawk78_it at yahoo.it
Mon Aug 1 22:58:35 CEST 2005

Alle 18:31, domenica 31 luglio 2005, hai scritto:
> At 05:29 PM 7/31/2005 +0200, Vincenzo Di Massa wrote:
> >Is setuptools CVS going to work using python 2.3?
> >After 25 of July it does not work anymore.
>
> See also this post:
>
>     http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2005-July/004850.html
>
> and follow the instructions therein to make sure you have a correct
> checkout.  The CVS version of setuptools won't work at all without the
> .egg-info directory from CVS.

Thank you for this info.
Now I can install the cvs version.
But there is still a problem that is not 2.3 related: if I use the setup.py
with the --prefix option I get this error:
Installing easy_install.py script to tmp2.4/bin
error: tmp2.4/bin/easy_install.py: No such file or directory

It works using ez_setup.py and the -d option.

Is it safe to use the -d to build packages (deb) of setuptools?
That is what I'm doing now...

Thank you again.

Vincenzo