[Distutils] Some questions about setuptools

limodou limodou at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 18:53:17 CEST 2005

2005/8/7, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>:
> At 08:51 AM 8/6/2005 -0400, Kevin Dangoor wrote:
> >I'm using svn 1.1.4 and I just confirmed that I have deleted files
> >(that are committed as deleted) in my .svn/entries files.
>
> I've attached a patch that attempts to detect and ignore deleted entries;
> please let me know if it works for you.

This patch runs well.

I think the real reason is because I didn't ignore the .pyc files, so
the deleted .pyc files exist in the .svn/entries. If it is a common
file, as I delete it from svn, the real file will be removed, so
setuptools will not find the file, everything is ok. But as I test the
python file, .pyc will be created automatically, and the setuptools
will not notice that file was deleted, it will still get the filename
from .svn/entries, so that the deleted .pyc files are involved in the
package. So I think the patch is right, so I don't need to care about
to must ignore the .pyc , .pyo files.

--
I like python!
My Donews Blog: http://www.donews.net/limodou