[Distutils] py2exe and eggs

Jay Parlar parlar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 19:48:38 CEST 2005

On 8/16/05, Kevin Dangoor <dangoor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Your eggs.pth should appear in the generated exe directory, right next
> to your exe file itself, and should have the names of the eggs without
> any other path on them (just the basename).

That's exactly what I've got, but it's a no-go. I'll keep trying.

On 8/16/05, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

> If all else fails, 'import site; addsitedir(".")' might do the trick.

That seems to work about as well as sys.path.append("."), but I still
need to do individual pkg_resources.require("...") calls in my main
file.

I guess until py2exe becomes egg aware, it's all going to be nasty hacks anyway.

Thanks for all the help.

Jay P.