[Distutils] py2exe and eggs

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Fri Aug 19 21:01:35 CEST 2005

On 8/19/05, Jay Parlar <parlar at gmail.com> wrote:
> They were both in site-packages, and in easy_install.pth, they were
> installed in the typical easy_install.py manner. But as the origins of
> this email thread showed, I was having trouble getting py2exe to see
> them even there.

Did you try installing them with the -Z (--always-unzip) option? Just
curious if that makes any difference to how py2exe works its
dependency magic.

I do remember encountering some of these stdlib problems myself, but
not since early on when I started playing with setuptools. I only have
a handful of the packages I use turned into eggs at this point,
though.

Kevin