[Distutils] easy_install trac

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Dec 7 23:01:01 CET 2005

At 09:17 PM 12/7/2005 +0000, Sharky On PTNet wrote:
>Hi,
>
>   I need some help to install trac
> (<http://www.python.org/pypi/trac/0.9>http://www.python.org/pypi/trac/0.9)
>   with easy_install. My problem is that trac have modules to instal in
> python/site-packages/, have scripts to install in /usr/bin/ and have
> files to install in /usr/share/trac.
>
>   Any one can tell me how to do this with easy_install?

The --script-dir option indicates where to install scripts.  Data is
installed with the package, not to /usr/share.  Installing data alongside a
package is more useful when the package needs to access that data, as there
is no cross-platform standard location for the distutils to install data,
and thus no easy way for a package to find its data otherwise.