[Distutils] [Pyobjc-checkins] [PyObjC-svn] r1763 - in branches/pyobjc-setuptools: . Lib/pyobjc.egg-info

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Dec 12 22:32:24 CET 2005

At 01:13 PM 12/12/2005 -0800, Bob Ippolito wrote:
>On Dec 11, 2005, at 1:45 PM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>
> > On 11-dec-2005, at 22:26, bob at red-bean.com wrote:
> >
> >> Author: bob
> >> Date: Sun Dec 11 15:26:36 2005
> >> New Revision: 1763
> >>
> >> Modified:
> >>    branches/pyobjc-setuptools/Lib/pyobjc.egg-info/PKG-INFO
> >>    branches/pyobjc-setuptools/Lib/pyobjc.egg-info/requires.txt
> >
> > Should these be in the repository in the first place? AFAIK
> > the .egg-info directory is created and maintained by setuptools.
>
>I don't know, I've seen them in other repositories and there's one in
>setuptools itself.

It is only needed if you have manually maintained files in
there.  Setuptools needs one because its own entry points can't be
bootstrapped any other way.  Other projects have manually-created files
like for SQLObject schema stuff, and an older version of Trac had a
configuration file in there.

If you aren't manually maintaining files in there, then no, you don't need
it in Subversion and can add it to your svn:ignore list for the parent
directory.

(Btw, I haven't forgotten about the split-up discussion and have more
comments, but I've got a deadline to meet today; will write more this evening.)