[Distutils] bdist_nsis, bdist_deb, bdist_msi, bdist_inno, bdist_pkgtool, bdist_sdux, bdist_mpkg, etc.

M.-A. Lemburg mal at egenix.com
Tue Dec 13 12:34:07 CET 2005

M.-A. Lemburg wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like to focus attention on these distribution formats
> that distutils is missing:

I'd like to another important candidate to the list:

bdist_mpkg:
   Mac OS X installer format
   Part of py2app by Bob Ippolito
   http://undefined.org/python/py2app.html#bdist-mpkg-documentation

> Ideally, I'd like to see all of these added to distutils. The
> standard procedure for this is to:
>
> 1. Find a maintainer for the code; ideally the author him/herself
>
> 2. Get the author to sign the PSF contribution form:
>
>    http://www.python.org/psf/contrib.html
>
> 3. Add the code to distutils
>
> Since these are plain additions to distutils, I don't think
> we need a PEP for the integration.
>
> Would any of the authors (I've tried to CC them) be willing to
> contribute their distutils command to the PSF for integration ?

Thanks,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
eGenix.com

Professional Python Services directly from the Source  (#1, Dec 13 2005)