[Distutils] [build_scripts] executable

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Dec 26 20:26:15 CET 2005

At 10:41 AM 12/26/2005 -0800, Brian Zhou wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I'm working on some system packages for
><http://nslu2-linux.org>http://nslu2-linux.org optware with setuptools
>(svn dev so I can use the --single-version-externally-managed). Thanks to
>your hard work, so far it looks very promising.
>
>However, since the platform I'm working on requires cross build, the
>python on debian host /usr/bin/python2.4 should not be used for scripts in
>the package. In particular we need all scripts in the package to have
>
>     #!/opt/bin/python
>
>As the first line. With traditional distutils, we can append the following
>to setup.cfg
>
>     [build_scripts]
>     executable=/opt/bin/python
>
>Can we add that back please?

I've checked a fix in now.  I didn't know that option existed.  Note that
it needs to be specified in the config file or on the command line at the
time install_scripts is run, since setuptools-generated scripts don't have
a separate "build" step.

Also, easy_install does not respect this option; I haven't evaluated yet
whether it should, and the change is more complex.  So at the moment, I've
only changed it for "install --single-version-externally-managed".