[Distutils] easy_install: setup.py-less packages

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 4 09:51:54 CEST 2005

Ryan Tomayko wrote:
> That's interesting. If you could point to subversion repositories
> from an index page, you could throw a page somewhere with a big
> list of project subversion URLs that use some kind of convention on
> naming...

That's going to be ambiguous though, right. How do you know those
URLs are subversion repositories without having to go out and HEAD
each resource or something.

We can use the rel attribute:

      foo-devel
      </a>

 From the HTML 4.01 specification, rel attribute [1]:
> This attribute describes the relationship from the current
> document to the anchor specified by the href attribute. The
> value of this attribute is a space-separated list of link types.

 From the HTML 4.01 specification, link-types [2]:
> Authors may wish to define additional link types not described
> in this specification. If they do so, they should use a profile
> to cite the conventions used to define the link types. Please see
> the profile attribute of the HEAD element for more details.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/struct/links.html#adef-rel
[2]: http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40/types.html#type-links

Ryan Tomayko
                                  rtomayko at gmail.com