[Distutils] eggs and py2app/py2exe

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 16:30:17 CEST 2005

Let's say you've got some libraries installed as eggs. If you run
py2app or py2exe on the application, it seems like you'd want the egg
(or at least it's contents) to come along with the application. Or, at
least, I'd prefer it for the eggs to come along with the app, rather
than being downloaded via require.

(For curiousity's sake, I just tried it and found that the contents of
the eggs were left behind when I ran py2app. Not at all surprising,
given that I don't think py2app or py2exe know about eggs yet...)

Anyone have opinions on how a standalone app should look with eggs?

Kevin