[Distutils] Something that doesn't run from an egg

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 7 14:58:48 CEST 2005

On 7/6/05, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> Here's a patch to setuptools that appears to fix the problem (by not
> running imported scripts as __main__), and it's probably a good idea to add
> it to setuptools in any case.  Meanwhile, however, somebody should probably
> tell the py folks that _findpy is a horrible, *horrible* hack and should be
> shot.  :)

I just gave the patch a try. I just wanted to confirm that it's
behaving the same way for me that it did for you. Running the py.test
script no longer has trouble finding py, because of your patch.
However, it still doesn't run (due to other things that py.test is
doing). Specifically:

py.error.ENOENT: [No such file or directory]:
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/py-0.8.0_alpha1-py2.4.egg/py/test/defaultconftest.py

Is that what you saw, or did py.test actually run for you?

Kevin