[Distutils] setuptools for people behind a firewall

Ryan Tomayko rtomayko at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 18:06:57 CEST 2005

One thing you could do is keep a bunch of eggs, .tar.gz's, exe's,
whatever in a directory on a web server with directory indexes turned
on and then add that page to the find_links options in you
~/.pydistutils.cfg file.

Here's mine::

     [easy_install]
     find_links=http://lesscode.org/eggs/
                http://peak.telecommunity.com/dist/

Then, just evolve a process for placing things on the behind-the-
firewall server and you should be good.

Ryan