[Distutils] setuptools: MANIFEST generation

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Jul 13 08:39:12 CEST 2005

I noticed in the documentation it said that setuptools can find files
based on version control when creating source distributions.

This almost never applies to my packages (at least the well made ones ;)
because I have html files generated from txt sources, and I like to
include the html.  Is there any way to tell setuptools to add certain
files, but still automatically detect everything else?  It seemed to do
an okay job when I created a MANIFEST.in with everything but
"recursive-include . *.html" commented out, but there might be something
I'm missing about it.

Additionally, it would be nice to be able to exclude files, like files I
use for internal package administration, or large svn externals which
should be separate packages.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org