[Distutils] Req: easy_install.py --site-dirs

Robert Kern rkern at ucsd.edu
Sun Jul 17 06:01:41 CEST 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> Okay, I've checked in a preliminary version of --site-dirs support in the
> Python CVS HEAD of nondist/sandbox/setuptools; why don't you give that a
> try?  It may be a few hours before it's available for anonymous checkout,
> however, as Sourceforge only updates their anoncvs snapshots every six
> hours or so, IIRC.  If you have Python developer privileges, you can get it
> sooner than that.

Ah, now that's service! It works fine for me. I would suggest changing
the altinstall.pth example, though. Python doesn't seem to like

   addsitedir('/Users/kern/lib/python2.4')

Although it will be just happy with

   import site; site.addsitedir('/Users/kern/lib/python2.4')

Thank you very much!

--
Robert Kern
rkern at ucsd.edu