[Distutils] easy_install: fragment support

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Sun Jul 17 06:13:29 CEST 2005

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 10:03 PM 7/16/2005 -0500, Ian Bicking wrote:
>
>> Phillip J. Eby wrote:

>>> Would you mind doing it as a unidiff?  I'm having trouble
>>> understanding/applying it without context.  Thanks.
>>

>> Sure, attached again...
>

> Thanks; I hope you don't mind if I don't include the "make emacs happy"
> bit that I don't understand.  :)

Like Bob said, it's to fix Emacs syntax highlighting, which doesn't
understand triple-quoted strings.  package_index.py looks like one giant
string in Emacs without it.

> I'm also thinking that --develop should take an argument: a parent
> directory in which the package(s) should be checked out.

That sounds like a good idea; I hadn't thought through exactly how that
would work.

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org