[Distutils] Not repeating requirements for eggs

Kevin Dangoor dangoor at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 20:24:20 CEST 2005

setuptools lets you declare install_requires with a set of packages.
This is handy and is nicer than the "old way".

In one of my __init__.py files, I am redeclaring my requirements using
pkg_resources.require, to ensure that they're all still available and
to load them properly.

Does it make sense to run pkg_resources.require at runtime? (I think
so...) If so, it seems like a function could be added to pkg_resources
that goes through this egg's required dependencies and does a
require() on them. Something like
pkg_resources.requireAll("MyProjectName").

What do you think?

Kevin