[Distutils] PyPI upload doesn't support eggs?

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jun 27 06:05:02 CEST 2005

I just tried doing the upload via the web interface, and got the same
error.  It appears that PyPI doesn't support uploading eggs, which is
surprising because I could've sworn that the sprinters at PyCon said they
were putting eggs on the list of allowed filetypes.  But I just found the
appropriate PyPI source code, and '.egg' isn't on the list of allowed file
extensions, so I'll go ahead and file an RFE for this.