[Distutils] non-"standard" compilers...

Nicholas Bastin nick.bastin at gmail.com
Fri May 27 20:01:00 CEST 2005

On 5/27/05, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> At 12:41 PM 5/27/2005 -0400, Nicholas Bastin wrote:
> >The Intel C++ compiler works perfectly well (we build and ship using
> >this compiler).  However, because we do this, we can't use any
> >distutils-distributed extension modules, because they complain that we
> >don't have the .NET runtime or some such.  I usually just try to
> >construct makefiles for the extension modules in each package, and
> >that works reasonably well for most extensions.
>
> Perhaps you should consider contributing a Compiler class to the distutils
> to resolve this.

I thought about this, but I'm unclear as to how to get past the error:

'The .NET Framework SDK needs to be installed before building
extensions for Python'

It isn't the msvccompiler class that checks for this.  Does anybody
know where I can bypass this (or apply a slightly more nuanced check)?

--
Nick