[Distutils] EasyInstall: installing non-distutil packages

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Mon May 30 01:38:10 CEST 2005

On May 29, 2005, at 3:17 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:

> Looking at some of the packages I'm interested in, there's a couple
> ones
> that don't use distutils.  Of course, fixing this is best, but I'm
> wondering if those can be installed as well.  Typically you can
> install
> these packages just by copying them into place.

You should name them, so we can publicly humiliate them into doing
the right thing :)

The only non-distutils-using package I have used lately is PyKQueue
<http://ox.eicat.ca/~dgilbert/files/PyKQueue.html>.  I submitted a
working setup.py to the maintainer, but he has not posted a new
version that uses it.

-bob