[Distutils] EasyInstall: installing non-distutil packages

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon May 30 03:06:05 CEST 2005

Bob Ippolito wrote:

> On May 29, 2005, at 3:17 PM, Ian Bicking wrote:
>
>> Looking at some of the packages I'm interested in, there's a couple  ones
>> that don't use distutils.  Of course, fixing this is best, but I'm
>> wondering if those can be installed as well.  Typically you can  install
>> these packages just by copying them into place.
>

> You should name them, so we can publicly humiliate them into doing  the
> right thing :)

I wrote one of them ;) -- obviously I could fix that one, but once I do
I lose the opportunity to make sure the tool worked with The World We
Have Now.  And then there's still two other packages -- the flup
servers, and PySourceColor.py, which is distributed as a single .py file
(which is one of the more common cases where distutils isn't used).

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org