[Distutils] EasyInstall: verbosity

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Mon May 30 04:02:11 CEST 2005

As different kinds of indirection and detection are added to
easy_install, it should probably have a verbosity option.  I think this
would probably best work by using the logging module, so that Installer
takes a logger object or name, and reports all messages to that logger,
and in main() it directs the logger to stdout and sets the log level
based on the verbosity indicated.  Tools that work with easy_install
outside of the command-line could probably also make good use of the
logging output.

I could add this, but the number of parallel patches is probably going
to leave everyone (including me) confused.  (I'm working on installation
of packages without setup.py files right now)

--
Ian Bicking  /  ianb at colorstudy.com  / http://blog.ianbicking.org