[Distutils] easy_install, find-links, etc

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Oct 4 18:08:01 CEST 2005

The whole find-links thing is getting confusing -- right now each system
has to give its own set of find-links, and they aren't well inherited.
So, for instance, if Paste has some custom packages on an index page,
you can't just require Paste -- you have to require Paste plus put
whatever find-links settings are needed.

What would be mightily useful is if you could at least advise -- from
within a package -- on places to find some of the requirements for that
package.  E.g., .egg-info/find_links.txt.  I think it is inevitable that
packages will require custom builds, and we can't always push those
changes into PyPI or track those changes in aggregate package indexes.