[Distutils] distutils with package_dir and scripts gets confused (python 2.4.2)

Robert Collins robertc at robertcollins.net
Wed Oct 19 03:12:05 CEST 2005

I have the following tree:

(package is a dir with __init__ etc.
When, in setup.py I do : setup(packages=['package'], package_dir =
{'':lib}), it Just Works.

When I add in the script - (packages=['package'], package_dir =
{'':lib}, scripts=['foo.py']), it starts installing 'package' twice -
once into site-packages/package (where it should), and once into
site-packages/lib/package (where it should not)

running with debug on, there is no sign of the confusion until
'install_lib' occurs.