[Distutils] question about setuptools

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Wed Sep 14 05:21:57 CEST 2005

At 06:43 PM 9/13/2005 -0700, Robert Kern wrote:
>My request is that if --prefix is provided, then the value of
>--site-dirs be calculated from it.

I'd suggest using PYTHONHOME instead, since that will actually make Python
run from that directory.  However, my main concern is not making these path
calculations any more screwy than they already have to be, as they are
already quite complex.  So, if you can suggest a patch to implement your
desired behavior that doesn't break anything else and doesn't make my head
explode upon reviewing it, I'll be happy to check it in.  :)