[Distutils] setuptools: site_dirs

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Wed Sep 21 04:03:26 CEST 2005

With easy_install I can specify --site-dirs to make it setup package
with .pth files.  But with setuptools alone I can't, particularly
"python setup.py develop".  I'm not sure if there's a setting in
distutils.cfg I could use...?  There doesn't seem to be any appropriate
command-line option.

I'm also not sure how the site directories are identified...?  In this
case, on Debian, /usr/local/lib/pythonX.Y/site-packages isn't recognized
as such a directory, even after I added it with site.addsitedir in
sitecustomize.

  Ian