[Distutils] easy_install question

Thomas Heller theller at python.net
Fri Sep 23 21:38:34 CEST 2005

- When I run 'easy_install ctypes', the behaviour depends on the current
directory.  If I run this when the current dir contains a 'ctypes'
subdirectory, it doesn't search pypi^H^H^H^HCheeseShop for this name,
instead it seems to attempt to install from source in that directory.
Is that intended?  Can I override this behaviour?

- When I install a package which requires another package is there a way
to specify a download url for the required package?

Thomas