[Distutils] [setuptools] Sophisticated package requirements

Michał Kwiatkowski constant.beta at gmail.com
Fri Aug 4 20:18:27 CEST 2006

Hi,

I'm using setuptools interface to fetch packages from PyPI. Version
requirements work fine, but more sophisticated conditions are needed.
In particular, I would like to hint setuptools to prefer source
distributions (tar/subversion/..) over eggs and prefer fetching
distributions from PyPI over relying on locally installed releases
(even if version numbers match). Currently my code looks something
like that:

from setuptools.package_index import PackageIndex
from pkg_resources import Requirement

pkgindex = PackageIndex()
path = pkgindex.fetch(Requirement.parse(REQUIREMENTS),
    TMP_DIR, force_scan=True)

According to documentation, setting force_scan to False would inhibit
checking local filesystem, but it's not working that way. Can you
suggest anything that would help me in achieving what I described?

Cheers,
mk
--
 . o .       >>  http://joker.linuxstuff.pl  <<
 . . o   It's easier to get forgiveness for being wrong