[Distutils] setuptools and bdist_rpm

Jon Nelson jnelson-distutils at securepipe.com
Fri Dec 8 18:11:59 CET 2006

I'm new to setuptools and I'm hoping to have a few questions answered. I
also have some observations that may be useful, but that can come later.

1. why does setuptools bdist_rpm use

2. is it possible to have setuptools write dependency information not
just to requires.txt but also to setup.cfg so that RPM will be aware of
the dependencies?

3. This is more of a distutils question, but, what can be done about the
INSTALLED_FILES containing directories that aren't marked with %dir
(this causes two problems: /all/ directories end up being created but
NOT owned by the RPM, and all files /under/ that directory get included,
which means they likely get included *twice* to to also being explicitly

Sorry for the multi-issue email, I'm new at this.