[Distutils] setuptools extras_require

Matt Good matt at matt-good.net
Tue Dec 12 17:35:01 CET 2006

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 16:32 +0100, Elvelind Grandin wrote:
> Or use a magic extra name like "default" which is used if no other
> extra is selected.

This doesn't really address the full issue, since there may be several
sets of alternative dependencies for different requirements.

Following the TurboGears example it needs an ORM from "SQLObject or
SQLAlchemy" and a template engine from "Kid or Genshi".  So it'd need
defaults for each, not just a single default.