[Distutils] bundling packages with setuptools?

Christopher Fonnesbeck chris at trichech.us
Mon Jan 16 16:40:31 CET 2006

I have a Python module for doing MCMC simulation that requires a
number of prerequisite packages to run, all of which are open source
(so I can build and distribute the packages that are needed). I am
wondering if there is a way to use the power of python eggs to be
able to have a single installer that installs or updates all the
required packages. Is there a way of having the egg installer for my
package go ahead and fetch the eggs of the prerequisite packages and
install them?

Christopher J. Fonnesbeck

Population Ecologist, Marine Mammal Section
Fish & Wildlife Research Institute (FWC)
St. Petersburg, FL

Adjunct Assistant Professor
Warnell School of Forest Resources
University of Georgia