[Distutils] Sourceforge changed HTML again...

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Thu Jan 19 05:23:45 CET 2006

Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> I checked what the NetBSD "pkgsrc" system does, and it uses the fact
> that there is a .dl.sourceforge.net subdomain for mirrors.  I
> investigated further and found that dl.sourceforge.net is a round-robin
> (or random?) DNS for each of the mirrors in the subdomain, so there's a
> simple transformation from the user-visible download pages to the actual
> download address.  You can see this in the new fix_sf_url() function I
> added to setuptools.package_index.

I just got a Connection Refused error, but it worked on the second try.
  As I remember, the port system typically has a set of links, and
frequently fails over from one link to the next, so I expect that this
error should be expected.  When it is encountered, setuptools should
just try again until it works.  I have noticed in the past that SF
mirrors go up and down quite frequently, probably too fast for DNS to
keep up.

--
Ian Bicking  |  ianb at colorstudy.com  |  http://blog.ianbicking.org