[Distutils] making eggs and debs live together peacefully

Bob Tanner tanner at real-time.com
Thu Jan 19 18:36:56 CET 2006

On Thursday 19 January 2006 08:48, Frédéric Gobry wrote:
> Yuck, I hope to find something more positive than that:
>

> <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2005-November/005470.html>

That post summarizes a very long thread of rants between debian people and
distutils.

I asked the same question you are asking. Lots of ranting on the debian-python
mailing list and ultimately no recommendations or answers.

The rant thread is here:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2005/11/msg00008.html

It looks like something positive is starting to happen, you can read about it
here: http://lists.debian.org/debian-python/2006/01/msg00028.html

--
Bob Tanner <tanner at real-time.com>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.real-time.com, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500