[Distutils] setuptools include_package_data ignore data under a 'package'?

Trent Mick trentm at ActiveState.com
Wed Jan 25 18:22:26 CET 2006

[Phillip J. Eby wrote]
> Actually, I was looking more for how to identify this sort of thing without
> searching the system to see where the executables are, and then trying to
> figure out if 'p4' is really Perforce or not.  Subversion and CVS are
> pretty unambiguous to detect; I was hoping for something equally
> unambiguous for other systems.  Certainly, to implement revision control
> support in the actual setuptools core code, it needs to be doable without
> requiring anything outside the standard library.

How are you getting the list of files in a subversion working copy if
not by running svn. Are you using the .svn control dirs? Are the entries
file formats publicly speced and guaranteed to stay backward
compatible?

> I think what I should probably do at this point is just refactor the
> current file finder to be a plugin itself, and publish the API.

Anyway, yah an API for this would probably be good.

Cheers,
Trent

--
Trent Mick