[Distutils] [Py2exe-users] Re: py2exe and setuptools w/ install_requires

Chris Lambacher chris at kateandchris.net
Fri Jan 27 01:08:45 CET 2006

On Thu, Jan 26, 2006 at 04:23:44PM -0500, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 02:58 PM 1/20/2006 -0500, Chris Lambacher wrote:
> >When I build my module eggs, I publish them to a directory
> >that an http server indexes.  I then I have a build script that calls
> >'easy_install -m -Z -d tmpdir -f http://myserver/eggs module' for each
> >module
>
> Note that easy_install now supports using -f with a directory name, so you
> don't need to have it do an HTTP fetch; just use the local directory path
> instead of the http: URL.

I tried to use this and it then did not seem to honor -d tmpdir, it just tried
to add the egg in place to the path.

> >that I am interested in.  Then I add all the new directories in tmpdir to
> >my
> >python path and call setup.py py2exe.
>
> FYI, if you configure the egg directory to be a "site" directory, you won't
> need to add them to sys.path manually.  See:
>
>     http://peak.telecommunity.com/DevCenter/EasyInstall#administrator-installation
>
> and replace all the '~/lib/python2.3' references with your desired
> tmpdir.  Then, when you easy_install the eggs to the tmpdir, they will get
> put on sys.path automatically.

I specifically don't want to do this because I don't actually want the package
installed, I just want it in the path for the duration of the call to setup.py
py2exe

Note that I can't just install it and then uninstall it because there could be
more than one build happening at the same time, each wanting a different
version of the item being installed.