[Distutils] [Catalog-sig] Specification for package indexes?

Fred Drake fdrake at gmail.com
Thu Jul 6 15:58:23 CEST 2006

On 7/6/06, richardjones at optusnet.com.au <richardjones at optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:
> > Patches welcome.  :)  Note that there should still be a fallback to the
> > screen scraping code in case of a problem with the XML-RPC, to allow
> > people
> > to continue using static mirrors of PyPI or imitation PyPIs without
> > needing
> > to support XML-RPC.
>
> Why?

So we can easily have alternate or additional package repositories
implemented simply as (simple) HTML files and the downloadable
packages.  We want to be able to have an internal repository that
plays the easy_install game without running our own PyPI.

  -Fred

"Every sin is the result of a collaboration." --Lucius Annaeus Seneca