[Distutils] setuptools 0.6b4 released

Bob Ippolito bob at redivi.com
Thu Jul 13 06:00:06 CEST 2006

On Jul 11, 2006, at 12:12 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:

> I have just released version 0.6b4 of setuptools, the last beta
> release of
> setuptools 0.6.  Please upgrade and test at your earliest
> convenience, as I
> would like to issue a release candidate version next week.

It seems there's another bug in 0.6b4. I don't know what conditions
cause it, however:

   File "/Volumes/Data/developer-external/py2app/setuptools-0.6b4-
py2.4.egg/setuptools/dist.py", line 274, in fetch_build_egg
AttributeError: Distribution instance has no attribute
'dependency_links'

It looks like there's no default for dependency_links in some cases..
so that needs to change to a getattr, or it needs to set some default.

-bob