[Distutils] unusual platform-dependent problem with tarfile createdby setuptools

Michael Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Sat Jul 29 06:31:57 CEST 2006

mac specific ?  i dont think so.  however,  perhaps something in the file
is being incorrectly construed as mac-specific (but still, I dont think

heres the code:

and the full set of imports...

from myghtyutils.container import *
import myghtyutils.buffer as buffer
import random, time, weakref, sys, re
import testbase
import unittest, sys

    import thread
    raise "this test requires a thread-enabled python"

and from then on its just unit tests.   Ill see if just having a file
called "Container.py" with minimal python in it produces the same results
(not at an appropriate workstation at the moment).