[Distutils] unusual platform-dependent problem with tarfile createdby setuptools

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Jul 29 08:35:32 CEST 2006

On Jul 29, 2006, at 6:31 AM, Michael Bayer wrote:

> mac specific ?  i dont think so.  however,  perhaps something in
> the file
> is being incorrectly construed as mac-specific (but still, I dont
> think
> so).
>
> heres the code:

That's not relevant, that is the data fork of the file. The file has
some non-posix attributes (such as the attribute that gets set when
you set the 'Locked' flag in the 'Get Info' screen info the Finder),
or a resource fork (maybe it has a custom Icon).

I can't tell which without actually seeing the data. Feel free to
sent me the output of sdist on the mac and I'll have a look.

Ronald