[Distutils] unusual platform-dependent problem with tarfile createdby setuptools

Michael Bayer mike_mp at zzzcomputing.com
Sun Jul 30 05:41:06 CEST 2006

sorry, I wasnt familiar with the term "resource fork" or its specifics
until now, post-wiki/googling.  so yes this is exactly the issue.
quickest way to whack it, short of downloading all kinds of
resource-fork-management tools (theres also a bunch that come with xcode
but i cant get them to do anything useful...such as DeRez which just says
the resource fork is "empty and unitialized"...why is that?), seems to be
just cat the text of the file so some other file, delete the original,
then rename; then youre just left with the data fork and that seems to
clean it up.

thanks very much.