[Distutils] A question about installing Distutils

Sergei Emantayev sergei.emantayev at gmail.com
Sun Jul 30 10:43:05 CEST 2006

Hello,

I'm trying to install the Distutils libarary since it does not included in
my python installation. I run Suse linux. I have python 2.4. I've downloaded
the distutils version 1.0.2 (the latest one). When I run 'python
setup.pyinstall' from the installation directory, I get the following
error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 30, in ?
    packages = ['distutils', 'distutils.command'],
  File "/home/semantay/Distutils-1.0.2/distutils/core.py", line 101, in
setup
    _setup_distribution = dist = klass(attrs)
  File "/home/semantay/Distutils-1.0.2/distutils/dist.py", line 130, in
__init__

    setattr(self, method_name, getattr(self.metadata, method_name))
AttributeError: DistributionMetadata instance has no attribute 'get___doc__'

Please help me.
Sergey